Dr. Laura Louie, ND, RAc
Profile and Experience
Dr. Laura Louie is a licensed Naturopathic Physician and Registered Acupuncturist. She has has been at The Fourth and Alma Clinic since 1995 practicing complementary and alternative medicine.
Dr Louie graduated from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington in 1994 with a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Master’s of Science in Acupuncture and Bachelor of Science in natural Health Sciences.
She maintains a general practice with a focus on treating pain disorders, women’s healthcare, gastrointestinal, immune and allergy conditions. In addition she incorporates mind-body therapies to enhance healing.
Highly trained in both traditional Western science and complementary medicine, Dr. Louie is exceptionally qualified to determine the optimal treatment for a patient’s individual needs. She incorporates the most recent medical techniques in scientific diagnosis and treatment with the ancient knowledge of natural therapies including traditional Chinese medicine.
Since 2001 Dr. Louie has been following her passion of doing humanitarian work with the poor and underprivileged overseas. Her organization has established projects in rural Thailand and a remote area of India where she trains health care professionals in acupuncture, nutrition and basic naturopathic medicine. For information on her overseas projects more >>
Dr. Louie treats people, not conditions. She works with the whole person taking into account the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual dimensions of a client. Dr. Louie is a strong supporter for prevention and the power of the body and mind to heal itself. She uses natural therapies, acupuncture and lifestyle changes which stimulate the patient’s innate healing processes, rather that drugs which can suppress the symptoms and may have side effects which can interfere with healing.
· College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
· British Columbia Naturopathic Association
· College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners & Acupuncturists of British Columbia
· National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (USA)
· Bastyr University (Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine), 1994
· Bastyr University (Master of Science in Acupuncture), 1993
· Bastyr University (Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Sciences), 1993
· University of British Columbia (Bachelor of Science in Physical Medicine), 1989
· University of British Columbia (Bachelor of Science in Geology), 1983